Thursday, June 21, 2012

Random Thoughts #1: Cuff

Last night I lay spread-eagled across my king-size bed.  We all toss in our sleep, I think, but a single person in a king-size bed defines the art of tossing.  I cuffed my body pillow under my leg, remembering the cuffing under a man.  I've come to see that in my 30s one of two things can be expected.  Either things happen or they don't.  People get married.  People have kids.  Careers take off.  That flashlight flicks on in your brain and realize that your old ways just don't suffice anymore.  You're wiser.  And for single women with no kids, that clock starts to tick. You want someone to cuff in slumber.  But, how laboring it is to find someone at this age?!  You're burned out on the club scene.  Plus, you've been told that a man at the club isn't the man you want.  You find yourself planted in front of the television knowing damn well that the man of your dreams isn't going to just walk through your door.  You consider online dating but after the man with the glass eye, the stalker and the pathological liar, you reconsider.  So you just pray and wait.  But, for now, here you are, tossing in your bed, cuffing that body pillow waiting for a warm body to cuff or, better yet, spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment