Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Random Thoughts #11: Follow Your Gut

I want to talk about the inkling you get when something isn't right--when you can't quite put your finger on it but deep in your gut, you know.  Intuition.  It's a funny thing.  If you ignore it, it literally stalks you.  It makes you pay attention.  I've heard that intuition isn't really intuition at all; it's God's way of warning you.  No matter what it is, I have to acknowledge it.  Because, intuition can help you prevent SO many situations.  It'll save you from so much pain and heartache and stress.

I only paid attention to it part of the time--when it benefits me.  And that's not the way to go.  Sometimes, we have to make decisions based off of instinct no matter how much they hurt.

It baffles me to sit back and recall all of my ignored intuitions.  Something told me that he was cheating and I didn't inspect because I had no evidence.  I later found out that he was cheating with his female best friend.  Something told me that my best friend was stealing from me and I didn't pay attention because my best friend would never do that.  I later found out that she'd stolen over $3000 in a 5-year span.  Something told me to leave that club and go home.  But, I wanted to stay a little while longer--have a couple more drinks--and ended up dodging bullets inside.

I think you get my point.

But, the question is why do we wait to experience the pain and not just cut it lose from the start?!  Why are we so hard-headed?  I've made the decision to follow it from now on.  If I don't feel safe, feel sincerity, feel secure about something, I'm cutting it lose.  I don't know about you but I've experienced enough hurt and pain and I'd go to any measure to prevent it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment